… to further the research, study, and interpretation of the events, sites, structures, and people associated with the 1862 Bath-Romney Campaign for the education of this and future generations.
The purpose of this organization is to support the mission in the following ways (and in no particular order):
1) by continuing research and study of the Campaign
2) by providing a forum that encourages an ongoing exchange of ideas and dialog
3) educating the public by organizing and hosting living history events and other educational forums
4) by documenting associated sites, structures, and artifacts
5) to assist in preserving and interpreting those sites, structures, and artifacts
Organizational & Event History
Over the last several years, different individuals and historical organizations have been commemorating the 1862 Bath-Romney Campaign in many different ways.
Meanwhile, members of the 9th
Out of this chance meeting and spirit of cooperation, an idea, which had germinated separately in the minds of members of both units, finally found expression in the form of a new organization.